Study in New Zealand
New Zealand also allows students to opt for post
New Zealand, a country of unique landscape and culture, is one of the safest, most developed and free countries in the world. In addition, New Zealand can boast of a high standard of education with its universities featuring in the world’s best lists. Tuned to attract the best and the brightest, the country features 8 universities, 18 institutes, 27 language schools and more than 20 industrial training academies. Its varsities offer study options in Business studies, Hospitality, Health, IT, Engineering, Arts, Applied Sciences, Law and Humanities, and Social Sciences. New Zealand also allows students to opt for post study work visa to work and settle down.
New Zealand’s Ministry of Education provides higher education awards which include Diplomas, Adv. Diplomas, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral level studies.
Some of the best Universities Are the University of Auckland, The University of Canterbury, The University of Otago, Victoria University of Wellington and Auckland University of Technology (AUT).
Some of the popular subjects that international students opt for in New Zealand are: business, economics, management, tourism, finance, engineering, and education.
The country offers the best & highest quality education and thus Universities in New Zealand will evaluate students based on various important factors in offering student admissions.
Some of them are as listed below
- Qualifications equivalent to New Zealand Standards: – It is very important for an International student to have qualification that gives access to higher education. The Universities or relevant body will assess the equivalency of the student’s qualifications with respect to New Zealand standards in offering admissions.
- Grades and qualifications in relevant subjects: – This will also play an important role. Usually, Academic percentage ranging from 55% and above along with good IELTS or TOEFL/GMAT scores for Bachelors, Masters or higher level education is preferred by the Universities in New Zealand. Higher the percentage, better the chances of admission.
- English language fluency: – New Zealand is a neighbouring country to Australia. English is the most spoken & used language officially. Thus, it is important for the applicant to prove their English language proficiency as all the courses are taught in English. IELTS 6.5 with not less than 6.0 in each band or equal score in TOEFL/PTE/CAE is a benchmark for most of the universities & colleges for admission to Bachelors/Master’s degree courses & for Ph.D. the requirement is higher. IELTS 6 overall scores may be accepted for entry into Bachelor’s level program.
- Enough Money to Live and Study: – Students must possess enough funds to study and live in Australia. Normally, average living costs will range from NZD$ 1250 – 1500 /month (min. NZD$ 15,000 per/year), and tuition fees ranging from NZD$ 12,000 – NZD$ 30,000 per year. The fee will vary as per the University, location and the type of course.
- *University Admission requirements will change based on the no of applications received and cannot be notified by the admission department with any prior notice.
Language and other Aptitude tests
- English Language proficiency is required. Acceptable tests are IELTS (overall bands 6 – 6.5) and TOEFL (Overall scores of 70-80 and above).
- GMAT may be required for Management related courses
New Zealand is known for its World class Education system.
Top 5 Reasons
There are many benefits of studying in the New Zealand. Here are the top reasons to consider New Zealand as your destination world for study.
Popular Universities in the New Zealand
- University of Auckland
- University of Otago
- The University of Waikato
- University of Canterbury
- Auckland University of Technology
- Massey University
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Lincoln University Canterbury
Best Universities providing high standard education:-New Zealand schools, universities and institutes are known worldwide for their high standards. You’ll find our qualifications are internationally recognised and welcomed by employers. A New Zealand qualification can be a valuable asset, enhancing your career prospects both here and internationally. New Zealand has eight state owned universities, offering Bachelor, Masters and Doctoral degrees along with a range of undergraduate and postgraduate diplomas and honour programmes. Academic standards are rigorous and New Zealand degree qualifications have credibility worldwide.
Life experience: –Many scholarships for international students – including PhD scholarships and scholarships for Masters’ degrees – are offered by the New Zealand Government, other governments, educational institutions and philanthropists which means that you don’t have to find part-time work, giving you more time to focus on your education.
Take advantage of funding opportunities: –Many scholarships for international students – including PhD scholarships and scholarships for Masters’ degrees – are offered by the New Zealand Government, other governments, educational institutions and philanthropists which means that you don’t have to find part-time work, giving you more time to focus on your education.
Safe & Great Place: –There is a mandatory Code of Practice that puts New Zealand at the forefront of best practice in the care and wellbeing of international students which makes it a safe & sound place for international students to choose New Zealand.
Attractive Post Study employment options for recent graduates: – New Zealand allows a post-study work pathway for international students who have completed a New Zealand qualification. This lets you find a job and get work experience in a field directly related to your studies, and makes it easier to apply for residence. Students are allowed a 12 months’ visa to find job and work, and those who have employer will be allowed a visa up to 24 months.
Siddhartha Overseas Education processing fee*: INR 20,000 + 14% Service Tax
* These costs involve only admission and student visa services.
* We also have customised products available for only University recommendation (Research reports) or Processing admission application at very nominal prices for our clients.
- Institute/ University admission application fees – No application fees for most of the universities (if applicable NZD$ 50 – NZD$ 100)
- English/Aptitude test costs
- Notary, attestation or Certification
- International courier costs
- Obtaining official transcripts, Test scores reporting costs for English and aptitude tests
- Medical or Travel insurances or Medical examination costs (if applicable)
- PCC cost
- Other 3rd party costs
- Visa application fees – INR 14,100 (USD$ 235)
Students must possess enough funds to study in New Zealand. Normally, average tuition fees will range from NZD$ 12,000 – NZD$20,000/ year for undergraduate courses & min. NZD$ 20,000 – NZD$ 30,000 per/year for postgraduate admission.
- For Documentation process by Blue Ribbon : 2 – 4 weeks
- For Processing Student Admission by processing department: 1-2 months
- For Processing Student Visa by the department: Interview is not mandate, however, if required then student must attend the same and the decision may take 2-3 months from the time of application submission, if all documents are found sufficient.
- Transcripts, Recommendation letters from college/Univ.
- Language requirements(English)
- Aptitude tests
- Work related documents
- Financial documents
- Intent of Studyt
Processing Time: 1-2 months
- Letter of Offer
- Language requirements(English – IELTS/TOEFL),
- Work related documents
- Clear Intent of Study
- Financial documents
- Medical Insurance
- Medical & PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
Processing Time: Applicant must apply for the student visa at-least 2-3 months prior to the intake to avoid any delay or rejection.
Admission and Visa process
Student is required to apply to the preferred University and course directly any time before the application deadline. Students in the final semester /final year of their current degree or school will be allowed to apply.
Based on the requirement, student can apply directly to the University/College or through any authorized agent of that institute.
Your application will be evaluated based on your Qualifications, Academic grades, English Language scores and Letter of Offer will be sent to the applicant by the concerned processing office or University directly if the student is accepted.
Student will have to meet all requirements specified in the Admission Offer Letter and can start preparing for the visa application.
Visa application to be submitted online or through the nearest New Zealand Embassy/TTK Centre/Visa Facilitation Service centre. Application processing time varies from country to country. Visa must be applied at least 2 months before the intake to allow the required body enough time to complete the formalities.
Visa Interview is not mandate, however, if required one must attend the same and is advised by the embassy post application submission.
A decision will be given out to the student within 2-3 months of submitting the visa application. Upon receiving an approval on student visa; applicant should plan for relocation. Student is required to be available on the reporting date mentioned in the Offer Letter. It is advisable to report in the country a week or two before your joining date.